As you all know, I have been on a serious health kick over the last few months and have been trying new, healthier meals to lose weight and feel healthier. Pasta tends to take up a large part of my diet, but recently I have been made aware that it can be fairly fatty and full of carbohydrates, which of course isn’t so healthy seeing as I eat a lot of it.
Courgetti spaghetti is a very popular food trend seen continuously on social media accounts, such as Instagram and Pinterest. After seeing this dish a month ago, I must admit I was slightly confused by the combination, but I was itching to get into the kitchen and try it. There have been many variations to this dish, but I followed the recipe guidelines and improvised a little, for example adding white beans. The mix of courgette and white beans mean that you are getting a variety of different vitamins and minerals, as well as the energy from the carbs in the spaghetti, equaling a delicious hearty and healthy meal that tastes light and fresh.
Prep time – 5 minutes | Cooking time – 10 minutes
- 125g dried spaghetti
- 400g tin of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large courgettes, spiralised
- large handful of basil, torn up
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packer instructions
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, add the beans, chopped onion, crushed garlic, spinach, olive oil and lemon juice into a large saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until the spinach wilts, approximately 5 minutes
- Drain the cooked pasta and the spiralised courgette to the bean mixture, keep it on a low heat – season with salt and pepper accordingly to taste
- Dish onto a plate or bowl and serve
- Scatter the torn basil leaves on top for decoration
One thought on “Courgetti Spaghetti Recipe”
The pictures are Gorgeous!! Nice job babe!!
LikeLiked by 1 person